Can a man blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus be cursed simply because he does not pay tithes?
The Windows of Heaven– Malachi 3:6-18
6 Descendants of Jacob, I am the LORD All-Powerful, and I never change. That’s why you haven’t been wiped out,
7 even though you have ignored and disobeyed my laws ever since the time of your ancestors. But if you return to me, I will return to you. And yet you ask, “How can we return?”
8 You people are robbing me, your God. And, here you are, asking, “How are we robbing you?” You are robbing me of the offerings and of the ten percent that belongs to me.
9 That’s why your whole nation is under a curse.
10 I am the LORD All-Powerful, and I challenge you to put me to the test. Bring the entire ten percent into the storehouse, so there will be food in my house. Then I will open the windows of heaven and flood you with blessing after blessing.
11 I will also stop locusts from destroying your crops and keeping your vineyards from producing.
12 Everyone of every nation will talk about how I have blessed you and about your wonderful land. I, the LORD All-Powerful, have spoken!
13 You have said horrible things about me, and yet you ask, “What have we said?”
14 Here is what you have said: “It’s foolish to serve the LORD God All-Powerful. What do we get for obeying him and from going around looking sad?
15 See how happy those arrogant people are. Everyone who does wrong is successful, and when they put God to the test, they always get away with it.”
16 All those who truly respected the LORD and honored his name started discussing these things, and when God saw what was happening, he had their names written as a reminder in his book.
17 Then the LORD All-Powerful said: You people are precious to me, and when I come to bring justice, I will protect you, just as parents protect an obedient child.
18 Then everyone will once again see the difference between those who obey me by doing right and those who reject me by doing wrong.
- What advantage is there for you in the knowledge that God does not change?
- Why does God not change?
- What does it mean to you to return to God, and how does God return to us?
- Does ten percent of our income belong to God?
- Who is God’s banker today? How can what belongs to God be given to God?
- Are we cursed if we don’t pay tithes?
- How can we ensure today that the windows of heaven are open to us?
- What do we get for serving God?
- Does God want us to be happy or to be sad?
- Why does God allow the wicked to succeed in their wickedness?
- How can we ensure that our names are written in God’s book?
- How and when will we be able to tell the difference between those who serve God and those who don’t?